FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
SCHOOL OF HEALTH CARE SCIENCES
DEPARTMENT OF NURSING SCIENCES
LECTURER (PERMANENT PART-TIME POST FOR 25 HOURS PER WEEK)
Duties & Responsibilities
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students;
- Supervising undergraduate and postgraduate students;
- Participating in skills training and assessment;
- Updating course content and revising study guides;
- Maintaining the electronic learning environment;
- Performing other academic and research duties as may be delegated by the Head of Department;
- Conducting research at a nationally competitive level;
- Participating in the Department’s strategic initiatives relating to teaching, learning and community engagement.
CLOSING DATE: 30 April 2021
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- A relevant Master’s degree in Health Sciences;
- Qualification in Primary Health Care;
- Current registration with South African Nursing Council;
- At least one DHET accredited publication.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Good interpersonal and mentoring skills;
- Good computer skills;
- Scientific writing skills.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- At least one year of teaching experience at a Higher Education Institution;
- Experience in a clinical environment;
- A valid driver’s licence;
- A DHET accredited publication must preferably be published in the last two years.
Package & Remuneration
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 31.25% of the applicable monthly premium.