Totalsports remains positioned as the premier sporting goods destination in South Africa. As strategic partners with leading global brands Nike, adidas, Asics and Puma; Totalsports delights athletes and sports enthusiasts with the latest offering from sports brands. With a key sport strategy focusing on running, football and fitness, Totalsports offers customers a broad product assortment incorporating footwear; apparel; equipment and technology thereby cementing market leadership.
In Totalsports we believe that sport changes lives. If you believe this too, then we have the perfect position for you. An opportunity has become available in our buying team for a Buyers Assistant.
As a Buyer’s Assistant, your responsibilities will include:
- Administratively supporting all aspects of the buying process.
- Ensuring timeous placement of orders onto the purchasing system.
- Maintaining a control system for the sample room.
- Compiling, balancing and updating of spread sheets and reports.
- Maintaining quality assurance control and audit of samples.
- Building constructive and mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers.
- All preparations prior to presentations
- General office administration and ad hoc duties as required by the department.
- Liaise with the marketing team regarding handovers
- Delivery status updates
- Buy plan Image maintenance
The successful candidate must:
- Be highly organised, numerate, and have exceptional co-ordination ability
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to build and maintain working relationships incl. being helpful and assist where necessary in the department.
- Show initiative, be pro-active, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Have high energy levels
- Have the ability to multi-task and be flexible
- Excel in a pressurised environment
- Have a problem-solving approach to work
- Able to work with a large workload and remain efficient
- Must be able to work with a team
- Must possess a positive attitude
- Have a minimum of a Matric Qualification
- Have a working knowledge of Ms Word and Excel (ODBMS would be advantageous)
- Previous experience as a Buyer’s Assistant is required
Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act. Please ensure that your Line Manager and HR are aware of your application.