This role will be responsible for effectively coordinating maintenance initiatives, ensuring Infrastructure maintenance tasks are carried out successfully within agreed timeframes, cost and scope. The role will also manage ad hoc maintenance requests, ensuring issues are adressed within agreed SLA’s.
Key Accountabilities and Outputs
Coordinate Maintenance Initiatives
• Coordinate maintenance requirements, ensuring Infrastructure maintenance tasks are carried out successfully within agreed timeframes, cost, quality parameters and scope.
Maintenance Coordination and Monitoring
• Coordinate and track all on site maintenance and related activities to ensure optimal levels of plant and equipment availability
• Ensure all equipment and safety standards are maintained
• Manage ad hoc maintenance requests, ensuring issues are adressed within agreed SLA’s
• Effectively manage relationships with contractors and suppliers
• Provide expert advice and help effeciently resolve maintenance queries
General Operational Contributions
• Ensure Adherence to all applicable Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Standards
• Actively participate in operational planning and reporting processes
• Drive continuous improvement through streamlining and optimising relevant operational practices, processes and tools
• Adhere to operational and financial frameworks of practices, processes, standards and controls
• Control cost and take the necessary action to mitigate any financial risks or non-compliance
• Routine communication in connection with instructions, requests or normal work tasks
• Proactive identification of functional problems related to a specific process or policy, determine cause and impact, and choose the best alternative to solve the problem based on guidelines provided and an understanding of the theory or practices underpinning the problem.
• Others in own work area
Planning and Organising
• Manages time effectively, ensuring effective completion of tasks under stressful deadlines.
• Able to prioritise activities and resources, ensuring that results are achieved effectively.
• Able to evaluate progress and make appropriate adjustments to initial plans, ensuring a successful outcome.
Judgment and Decision Making
• Able to gather information from a variety of sources.
• Understands cause and effect relationships within data and interprets this to make competing, holistic decisions
• Develops alternatives before making complex decisions
• Looks for the most innovative, efficient and value adding solution when making a decision
• Makes decisions in time and forecasts when decisions need to be made
• Formulates a “big picture” understanding of the near-term impact of decisions (including the time and resources required to implement decision)
• Evaluates the longer term business impact of decisions
• Takes initiative when making decisions
• Increases performance expectations when success has been achieved
• Seeks out sources of information, including trade associations, “best practice” companies, customers, peers, subordinates, etc.
• Finds ways to fast-adapt improvement ideas to work processes
• Proactively seeks out resources, alliances, etc., needed to quickly introduce improvements
• Helps others with their work.
• Meets commitments to team members or others in the organisation.
• Actively contributes to team discussions and the accomplishment of team work plans.
• Shares expertise and resources to help others address their needs.
• Seeks to include all those who can contribute to the most successful outcome and those who have a stake in the results.
• Actively keeps all stakeholders informed.
• Attempts to reinvigorate team processes when progress is lagging: stays engaged even when not in full agreement with the team’s direction.