Charm Recruitment Agency
Duties & Responsibilities
The Technical Sales Representative for the Mining Sector will be responsible for:
- Overall Sales, Support and Technical back up for all related products.
- Focusing on developing and maintaining new and existing customer base.
- Propose solutions within our portfolio to fulfil customer requirements and to add value.
- Work closely with the Mining Division Manager to identify key areas, sectors and/or products that will provide quickest growth.
- Manage his territory in the most effective manner and to achieve sales objectives set out.
- Work closely with the Applications Engineer to provide technical and commercial requirements.
- To meet or exceed sales targets agreed and set out for the territory.
- Use his existing contacts and customer base to unearth new business.
- Person must be willing and able to travel.
- To ensure all customers’ needs and expectations are met.
- To identify product potential and discuss plans for effective sales growth
- To provide monthly/weekly sales reports and forecasting .
- Work out a short and long term strategy for Mining focused initiatives.
- Compile technical and commercial proposals to customers.
- Focus on developing base line business selling direct to end users.
- Conduct product presentations and technical training to customers.
Able to propose a strategic plan for sales development in their territory
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Tertiary qualification and Positive Displacement Pump experience will be an advantage
- At least 3 – 5 years technical sales experience.
- Mechanical or Electrical experience and/or Mining process background would be advantageous.
- At least a valid code 8 driver’s license.
- Proven sales track record.
- Strong existing customer base in the Mining sector.
- Must portray good communication skills with a positive and dynamic attitude
- Has to be able to work self-supervised and have the ability to make strategic decisions.
- Must be well skilled on Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook