One of Our awesome client based in Midrand is looking for Strategic Buyer for Direct Spend who will be responsible to conduct all purchasing within the portfolio, in line with the Group’s purchasing strategies and policies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyses business needs and challenges demand: collect, understand and challenge stakeholders’ needs and promote demand management.
- Apply VA methodology and Guarantee the expected functionality level at the optimized costs
- Defines purchasing strategy: organize and gather market knowledge, propose advanced action plans to benefit from market opportunities
- Optimizes costs: Improve the cost model through a good knowledge of supplier process, Identify opportunities leveraging value chain approach. Lead and implement productivity projects, apply and Use TCO.
- Anticipates business activity and acts proactively: Contribute to build, share, and apply the category strategy, using the category network. Captures Supplier Innovation
- Maximizes Supplier Relationship: define and implement supplier portfolio, monitor the performance and analyze P&Ls, make clear feed-backs and follow action plans.
- Creates value and innovates: lead complex projects (Reformulation, W2W, Full buy, innovation, R2P, Indirects…).
- Develop and recommend best options to secure identified project risks.
- Negotiates with integrity: use appropriate negotiation techniques and tools.
- Operates according to internal control principles and legal rules: implement standard contract framework enhancing on key legal principles, propose improvements and deals with the legal department. Monitor the contract compliance
- Evaluates and manages risks: apply risks policy and tools, propose action plans. Escalate to the relevant stakeholders.
- Manage Performance and efficiency: Build cost forecasts for a simple category, share and control assumptions for budget construction. Manage KPIs, build continuous improvement strategy for financial and non-financial KPIs.
- Demonstrate a functional understanding of all purchasing/procurement tools (SAP, Optis, CPP, Scorecard ….), ensure data quality.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of financial process: basic financial or accounting rules, S80 and PRI structure and purchasing part, financial activity rules (rebates, fees, drivers…).
- Analyze the impact of choices/tariffs in a plant P&L or in a PRI.
- Supports and manages stakeholders’ relationships: Feed network with internal/external news, share best practices, Communicate / manage projects /share suppliers’ information with his stakeholders
- Support sustainably purchasing: apply all purchasing/procurement processes (Buy and Care), following internal control rules. Share and train new people on processes.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Minimum 3- 5 years working experience preferrably from Personal Care/ Cosmetics/ FMCG
- Experience in working/ buying Rigid plastics, Corrugated boards, Labels and 90% caterory.
- Matric with Diploma in Purchasing Management/ Qualification in the related field
- Experience in working on SAP system
- Ability to handle pressure
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
Package & Remuneration
Markert Related Salary