Basebone is a digital content business focused on the mobile phone use that provides OTT Media Services across Africa & Europe. We are the creators and owners of Baseplay; a full suite of entertainment & educational products developed for mobile users but accessible from any web-enabled device. It includes five great verticals packed with content including movies, series, music, mobile games, health & fitness, education, and even content for kids.
About the Department…
Our Product team is highly committed to providing the most innovative and engaging sites to entertain our mobile users on a global scale.
The technology stack that we are adopting is MongoDB + NodeJS + VueJS, and we are looking for an experienced Full Stack Developer that will be contributing both to architectural choices and continuous product development from ideation to deployment and beyond.
The ideal person for this role is a problem-solver with an inquisitive and innovative mind and loves to collaborate within a cross/functional and multicultural team to drive the product forward.
Core responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
• Make architecture and technology choices for new product features and take real ownership as we continually improve our platform for our users.
• Be accountable for the development environment and ensure that web infrastructure remains stable. Ensure the quality and usability of deliverables.
• Focus on the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
• Write clear code, which is extremely scalable and maintainable over time and across locations.
• Maintain site updates, fixing and troubleshooting bugs, and improving performance.
• Staying current with trends in web application development and design and regularly assesses technological processes and makes recommendations to improve effectiveness.
Qualifications and experience:
• MSc in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
• 7+ year’s software development experience
• 4+ years of development experience in NodeJS
• 2+ year’s experience with MongoDB
• Proficient with GIT
• Working Knowledge of at least one of the three major cloud providers (Google Cloud, AWS or Azure)
• Proven experience designing and implementing Micro-services architecture.
• Experience with improving Software Development Lifecycle and CI/CD pipelines
• Experience building user interfaces and with creating and consuming RESTful APIs
• Experience in developing and designing Progressive Web App (PWA) and Single page Applications (SPA)
• Working experience in an agile team environment is a big plus.
• Fluent English and good verbal and writing communication skills.
We are continually adding and improving our benefits but here are some of the perks we offer:
• Private healthcare
• Half Fridays
• Complimentary catering and as much coffee as you can drink!