HR Company Solutions
Working for a National provider of the best machinery and equipment for the Packaging Industry in South Africa, is well within your reach.
If you are driven by sales and meeting targets and would like to be part of a dynamic and established company in SA, then this role is for you.
Our client needs an experienced Sales Specialist to join their team, based in Port Elizabeth, very urgently.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Sales Specialist is responsible for ensuring targets are achieved through regular visits and ensuring clients are satisfied and nurtured in such a way, that upsell opportunities are created, as well as continuously seeking opportunities for new business.
Key Performance Areas:
- Providing proper and accurate sales forecasts to the Branch Manager on a weekly basis;
- Compiling lost and won statistics;
- Ensure all quotations are saved on Branches, after the quotations have been sent to the client;
- Have the project list updated at all times
New Business/Sales Prospecting and Lead Qualification:
- Making at least 4 quality client visits per day from Monday to Thursday, which will ensure active pipelines;
- Preparing quotations, sales proposals and tender documentation and submitting these to prospective clients in accordance to their requirements and needs;
- Advising clients on best possible solution for their application;
- Doing site visits and specifications to assist in qualifying the client needs;
- Doing product demonstrations;
- Doing presentations to clients;
- Identifying potential clients and target markets to prospect to;
- Sourcing possible leads and clients;
- Correctly qualifying leads so that an appropriate proposal can be sent to the prospective client;
- Follow up on proposals sent to clients;
- Identifying any competitors and any other threats to securing the order
- Know when to call in a product specialist for advice/guidance
- Closing and finalizing the order;
- Finalising sales orders and documentation and sending to all relevant parties;
- Complete technical specification sheets as well as costing sheets accurately and send it through along with the proposal for approval by the relevant manager before sending it to the client;
- Ensure that your weekly schedule is sent through to the Branch Manager to allow the Branch Manager to be aware of your activities;
- Ensure that a weekly activity report is given to the branch manager and comments are made regarding each visit
- Liaising with the installation department to ensure that installation takes place in accordance with the client’s requirements;
- Following up with the client to establish that they are satisfied that the installation has occurred in line with their expectations;
- Following up once order is obtained on the initial payment with the client
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Grade 12 / Matric is Essential
- Any Tertiary Qualification in Sales/Business Studies and/or Technical Fields are very advantageous
- 2-3 years working experience in an account management and sales environment, industry specific experience is a MUST. This means you must have experience working in the Packaging Machinery Sector and a related industry!
- Knowledge of the capital equipment, manufacturing/production or the quality control industry is key.
- An understanding of sales budgets, and planning, strategising and willingness to continuously achieve targets
Basic Essential Competencies for Success in the role:
- Highly effective Negotiation Skills – making use of logical reasoning and utilising information correctly
- Effective in terms of providing feedback to colleagues, Management and Clients timeously
- Must be an excellent communicator with the ability to listen very carefully
- Customer Orientation at all times
- Excellence Orientation when it comes to service delivery when dealing with clients and internal stakeholders
- Exceptionally self-disciplined and determined to achieve results
- You must be target-driven and motivated by earning potential
- Presentation Skills must be excellent.
- Persistence – you must be self-driven and motivated and able to drive sales
- Excellent evaluation skills in identifying client needs and providing the right solutions
Package & Remuneration
R15 000 Basic Salary
- Branded company car with petrol card
- Commission on deals after break-even points based on sales budget
- 50% medical aid contribution after 6-month probationary period