Zimbabwe Sales Manager Responsibilities:
To target Zimbabwean nationals working / residing in RSA within our designated geographical boundaries in order to maximise sales, optimise GP’s, grow and maintain the customer base.
Duties & Responsibilities
Grow customer base
- Identifies customers, sources and follows up leads and concludes sales by taking orders from customers in the market within designated geographical boundaries by directing and receiving customers at sales offices, cold calling and canvassing.
- Disseminate advertising and marketing media to familiarise customer with our service and sales locations.
- Communicate products and services to prospective customers individually and in small to large groups.
- Understand policies and procedures pertaining to our sales code of conduct, pricing structures; order completion; customer liaison; advertising and promoting the KAWENA brand in the market.
- Confidently manage customer expectations, service and efficiency objections effectively.
- Exceed monthly and annual sales targets to achieve performance rewards.
- Maintain awareness of financial sales targets.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with customers at all levels.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with communities and cultural societies.
- Accountable for ensuring that a professional company image is maintained and projected at all times.
- Develop a working knowledge of the total product range and service solutions.
Administration and Expense control
- Careful and accurate recording of customer identity and purchases.
- Accuracy in completion of sales administration.
- Ensure weekly feedback to the Regional Manager, e.g. call reports, performance summaries, lead reports and customer requests/needs.
- Maintain expenses within set guidelines and budget.
Enhance service and quality guarantee
- Identify and exceed customer service expectations.
- Identify and exceed customer product requirements.
Promote positive teamwork
- Promote positive teamwork amongst peers in the sales team.
- Promote positive teamwork with all Sales Points.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Qualifications and work experience:
- Must be fluent in Shona or Ndebele – Speak, Read and Write (Non-negotiable)
- Grade 12 or equivalent (Essential)
- Recommended: Post-secondary school studies in the sales and marketing field
- Min of 2 years external sales experience
- Computer literacy essential
- Communication skills NQF level 5: Literacy and numeracy
- Valid driver’s license advantageous.
Skills and Qualities:
- Speaking and Writing: Sales Manager will do a lot of communicating so good communication skills required. This might be in front of a group of employees, or in a meeting with management. Sales Manager might be called upon to write reports, recommendations, or reprimands. Great verbal communications and writing skills will help in any of these scenarios.
- Sales Manager must have a positive attitude and persuasive manner to keep their employees motivated, resolve conflicts and make hard decisions. A successful Sales Manager is a good leader.
- Patience and confidence in dealing with customers.
- Self-motivated and able to work as a member of a sales team.
- Enjoy networking and meeting new people.
- Trustworthiness and discretion when handling customers.
- A smart appearance and professional manner.
- Decision-Making Skills: Whether it is dealing with employees, management or vendors, regional managers will have to make decisions that affect the company. Having the ability to make hard and fast decisions is crucial to success.
- Time management is essential to make sure everything gets done.
- Positions targeting the Zimbabwean market are required to be fluent in English and Shona or Ndebele.
Package & Remuneration
R15 000.00 + 0.25% to 1% Commission