We are looking for passionate Front of House staff at Postcard Café, Stark
*It is important to know that we will have a small team that is required to be
flexible in their role at the restaurant when operationally required.*
A restaurant receptionist will be required to deal with all forms of correspondence relating to the restaurant. This will include managing all bookings, events enquiries, telephone calls and emails. They are required to have a professional demeanour and be fluent in English, both spoken and written. The position will also include hosting, welcoming and seating guests during meal services as well as assisting on the floor when necessary. This is a permanent position and the candidate will be required to work on weekends and public holidays, in line with the operating hours of the restaurant.
Responsibilities and Duties
- All correspondence relating to the restaurant via email, telephone calls or personal interactions.
- Hosting, welcoming and seating guests during meal services.
- Basic assistance on the restaurant floor when operationally necessary.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written. Basic Afrikaans is essential.
- Competent with all Microsoft Office programs.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in hospitality.
- Experience using the Dineplan booking platform and a point of sale system beneficial.
- Professional demeanour, well spoken and comfortable with guest interactions.
- Must have own transport as staff transport is NOT provided.
- Required to work weekends and public holidays.