– Ensure production processes are being carried out in line with the company and regulatory requirements.
– Ensure production team has access to all relevant raw materials and equipment and make sure that production is running smoothly.
– Play a key role in the development of new products – working closely with Operations Manager throughout all new developments.
– Directs the production activities of the factory.
– Supervises production activities ensuring proper operation and care of equipment including preventative maintenance and immediate repair
– Purchases packaging materials aligning deliveries with the bottling schedule to ensure adequate inventory of all bottling supplies.
– Develops a system to ensure adequate inventory of spare parts and equipment.
– Oversees the implementation of all hygiene and safety requirements.
– Ensure that the production team has access to all necessary skills and equipment
– Problem Solving – need to quickly assess production issues and establish the best course of action. Troubleshoots issues with equipment or machinery.
– Identify areas for improvement.
– Quality control
– Perform routine line checks
– Spot problems within the manufacturing process quickly and take quick appropriate action
– Manage deadlines.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION:
– Minimum 5-year experience in food, beverage or other production role or related capacity, ideally with a focus on alcoholic products
– Bachelor’s Degree or higher in food sciences, food process engineering or appropriate biological science
– Experience with FSSC22000, or BRC
– Understanding of manufacturing equipment, their processes, and capabilities within a food environment
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
– Good organizational skills, ability to prioritise multiple priorities and strong attention to detail
– Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate (verbal/writing) effectively
– Must be quality focused and team oriented
– Able to deliver under pressure
– You need to be innovative.
– Ability to collaborate at all levels of the organization and across other functional areas.
– Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
– Always keeping up with the latest consumer trends and actively seeking out new experiences.
This job opportunity is for you, if: You are resilient and flexible – the bigger the challenge, the better.
If your background matches the requirements and you would like to apply or receive more information, please:
• Click on the “Apply” button or
• Apply online at www.casupport.co.za/vacancies or
• Forward a comprehensive CV to [email protected] with “PRODUCTION TECH” in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest and advise that only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job Reference #: CPT000681
Consultant Name: Ilana AuretPieters