A global FMCG company is looking for a PR Social Media Officer to join their exciting team. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing the PR and Social media strategy in conjunction with the Creative Manager and Marketing Director, managing and executing the PR and Social Media strategies in line with the business strategy both locally and internationally.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Initiate and coordinate PR related assignments that aligns with key marketing projects and initiatives.
- Identified and manage relationships with media partners and suitable influencers that will support the brand-marketing strategy.
- Responsible for the execution of PR concepts including packaging and distribution of product drop offs.
- Full management of all PR activities including monthly reports and briefing of creative material where necessary.
- Responsible for PR content drafting and development for all media platforms (including Press Releases).
- Manage PR projects and marketing support initiatives within budget in agreement with the Creative Manager.
- Implement monthly measurable parameters to analyse and establish ROI for ad hoc (project based) PR initiatives.
- Conduct gap analysis and make PR strategy recommendations for increased ROI and exposure to support increased brand awareness.
- Implement a content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns (for all channels).
- Conceptualize the creation of relevant, original, high-quality content (for all channels)
- Integrate all channels of digital marketing (social media, SEO, content marketing, email, and digital marketing)
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Matric plus a PR/Marketing with a Diploma or Degree – essential.
- 3 years proven track record in the PR and online space – essential.
- 3 years within the lifestyle space – ideal.
- Strong proficiency in social network culture and web etiquette – essential.
- 3 years’ experience in content marketing, public relations and content activation techniques.
- Strong project management and organizational skills – essential.
- Knowledge of and personal relationships with media publications, Internet Influencers including: Twitter, Facebook, G+ and YouTube.
- Creative writing, copy editing, basic image editing – essential.
Package & Remuneration
Market Related Salary