Polo S A (Pty) Ltd
Duties & Responsibilities
We are looking for professional, highly motivated, action oriented, dynamic, analytical, business savvy, resilient individual who will thrive in a fast-paced environment and is passionate about succeeding.
The function is responsible for the planning, developing and executing of the procurement of the correct Polo products to achieve the business goals and objectives of the company. Maximising return on investment, through planning and monitoring sales, margin and inventory in order to increase profitability. Management of markdowns and stock outs, and space constraints in line with the Polo standards.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Key Result Areas:
- Running weekly Stock Dashboard highlighting stock deficiencies and trigger purchase orders on key stock items based on sales demand.
- Raising purchase orders, preparing for sign off, requesting and preparing payment documentation. Forwarding approved purchase orders to vendors and forwarding agent.
- Accurately forecast longer term view on key stock items with the intent to maintain 95% availability on never-out-of-stock items.
- Validating Seasonal Buy plans, while adhering to Critical Path and timelines.
- Negotiate with both local and international suppliers on price and best delivery dates.
- Calculate Landed Costs on imported goods and setting Wholesale price targets
- Support Buyers/Key Accounts managers with relevant information to promote successful sell-in.
- Master stock items seasonal in Axapta.
- Compiling monthly purchase requisition reports and documents and presenting to corporate office for approval.
- Update on weekly Supplier Shipment reports and communicating any delays in shipments from International and locally produced products.
- Provide timeous inbound tracking updates to merchant coordinators with special attention given to Key Accounts Customers to maximise replenishment where possible.
- Monitor weekly Sales order processing on brand and early identify potential out of stocks and taking corrective action to ensure fulfilment. Validate open sales vs purchase orders, and run Net Requirements Report to highlight oversells.
- Actively responding to Aged stock, by highlighting risk categories and implementing sell through strategies alongside Sales/Key Account managers.
- Facilitating monthly standstill meetings with Key Account Customers and reconcile actual orders vs commitments
- Capturing and maintaining Trade Agreement Journals in Axapta.
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Computer literate (Excel/MS word/Outlook/Internet)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in merchandise planning
- Analytical skills
- Good attention to detail
- Deadline oriented
- Negotiation skills
- Previous experience on Demand Forecasting tools would be advantageous.
Please note only candidates with the relevant experience and who meet the criteria are encouraged to apply with an updated resume to [email protected]