The purpose of the role is to ensure the streamlined operation of the IT Department Helpdesk and the support team in alignment with the business objectives of the organisation. This individual will plan, coordinate, direct, and design IT support-related activities of the organisation, as well as to provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT Department. The Support Manager will work closely with other IT managers and the decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities
Acquisition & Deployment
- Benchmark, analyse, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Ensure adherence to IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision. Refine where necessary.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Direct research on potential technology solutions in support of procurement efforts.
- Keep current with the latest technologies.
- Oversee projects and project portfolio.
- Practice asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment.
- Manage IT Support staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organisation’s executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Provide monthly operational reports detailing SLA adherence, staffing and project statuses.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Relevant Diploma or Degree will be advantageous.
- Certifications in computing, MCSE, Cisco etc. or demonstratable skills in server and networking environments.
- 5 Years related work experience.
- Strong technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Linux, Microsoft, iOS.
- Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including MPLS, LAN, WAN, IPSEC, TCP/IP, Cloud, IaaS, PaaS and SaaS.
- Extensive application support experience with Asterisk, MySQL, Office 365, Firewalls.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
- Strong understanding of project management principles.
Package & Remuneration
Market related, including benefits.