Energy and Water Seta (EWSeta)
Our company is looking for suitably qualified and experienced HR Practitioner to join our dynamic team.
Purpose of the Role
- To maintain effective and efficient talent management practices within the EWSETA.
- To establish an integrated learning and performance support function for the EWSETA that employs a variety of strategies designed to help employees acquire and maintain knowledge and skills required for successful individual, team, and organisational performance.
- To maintain harmonious and professional labour and employee relations within the EWSETA by driving the successful resolution of formal disciplinarians and associated processes.
- To coordinate the recruitment, selection and appointment processes, ensuring that the organisation employs the right person in the right job.
- To work in partnership with department managers to provide professional HR advice, coaching and solutions that support the EWSETA in the identification and management of workforce issues.
- To develop workforce plans that support the EWSETA departments and organisational strategy and agenda.
- To maintain the organisational design and associated tools and information
- Process new employee appointments.
- Ensure new appointments are made in accordance with the relevant regulatory framework.
- Formulate the annual human resource workforce plan.
- Assure compliance with mandated policies and procedures through internal audit processes.
- Develop a performance agreement for each employee.
- Implement the employee assistance programme with respect to:
- time management
- problem solving
- conflict management
- diversity management
- physical and cultural activities
- Establish counselling services in respect of trauma, depression and stress.
- Apply procedures to assist employees to apply for compensation in terms of the Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act, 1993 (Act No 130 of 1993).
- Compile the competency framework for the Business.
- Compile and drive the operationalization of a code of conduct.
- Coordinate the talent management and succession planning documentation and processes for the Business.
- Coordinate national succession conversations and compile the succession plans on an annual basis.
- Manage the performance management processes including 360 feedback systems and annual performance appraisals.
- Manage the assessment centre for management development in line with the national framework.
- Implement development and assessment centre policy and practices across the Business.
- Coordinate the assessment of key individuals and the integration of the development centre results into personal development plans for identified high pro and high pot resources.
- Formulate and implement the workplace skills plan in accordance with approved EWSETA policies and guidelines.
- Undertake annual skills audit and generate a status report.
- Develop and implement the annual training and development programmes.
- Compile and obtain authorisation for the annual training schedule in accordance with skills development requirements.
- Develop, obtain approval and implement induction, mentoring and coaching programmes.
- Conduct training programme impact assessments.
- Administer bursaries for in-service employees and ensure accurate and up-to-date records are maintained.
- Coordinate the talent management and succession planning documentation and processes for the EWSETA.
- Coordinate national succession conversations and compile the succession plans on an annual basis.
- Implement development and assessment centre policy and practices across the EWSETA.
- Coordinate the assessment of key individuals and the integration of the development centre results into personal development plans.
- Coordinate key HR initiatives and change programmes to ensure that they are delivered in accordance with agreed requirements realising effective coordination of people and resources.
- Ensure that, as appropriate, such initiatives are embedded and the benefits realised.
- Facilitate staff involvement.
- Facilitate the creation of strong communication plans to ensure clarity, understanding, and alignment of EWSETA initiatives.
- Develop the workplace skills plan.
- Design, develop, implement and maintain a skills inventory to assist in human resource planning and the identification of learning needs.
- Advise management regarding initiatives and activities that promote maximum staff effectiveness and create a positive impact on performance.
- Consult with management and conduct surveys to identify training needs based on projected production processes, changes, and other factors.
- Coordinate an annual skills audit and analyse the results.
- Analyse the individual developmental plans for all employees to understand the training and development requirements.
- On the basis of the management consultation, development plans and skills audit, draw up an annual training and learning plan.
- Work in conjunction with the HR Manager to ensure the submission of the annual WSP / ATR.
- Perform programme management and qualification development within the SETA framework.
Learning Design and Development
- Develop induction, leadership, operations-focused and technical training, mentoring and coaching programmes using inhouse capacity or external vendors.
- Research and compile a complement of internal and external learning programmes that align with the organisation’s objectives and employee needs.
- Work directly with management to define and coordinate customised programmes based on their needs.
- Produce material for in-house training, on-boarding and handbooks.
- Work with training providers to develop suitable course content.
- Design and establish benchmarks that measure the impact and effectiveness of development programmes on the organisation’s overall performance.
- Conduct the on-boarding of all new staff.
- Manage the implementation of training and development programmes.
- Conduct the training programme impact assessment studies and analyse the results.
- Develop and deliver management information reports to track and benchmark learning and development participation, costs and benefits.
- Manage external vendor relationships.
- Ensure learning administration and record keeping is up to date and accurate.
Talent Pipeline (Bursaries, Interns and Apprentices) Administration
- Coordinate the process of selection, appointment and development of the Bursary students, interns and apprentices.
- Build relationships with relevant learning institutions to enable the delivery of quality interventions for EWSETA.
- Monitor student results and feedback to the line managers on appropriate future actions.
- Facilitate the grievance process with the affected national office employee(s) and the other party(ies).
- Operationalise policy and guidelines for the management of grievances.
- Monitor and report on grievances lodged across the EWSETA and their resolution.
- Operationalise processes and systems relating to the administration of grievances.
- Operationalise policy and guidelines for the resolution of disputes.
- Operationalise processes and systems relating to the administration of applications for dispute resolution.
- Evaluate dispute resolution applications.
- Facilitate the settlement of applications for dispute resolution.
- Defend applications for dispute resolution.
Bargaining Process Administration and Participation
- Arrange and conduct advocacy workshops to ensure understanding of the agreements and resolutions.
- Administer and oversee the implementation of agreements and resolutions to ensure compliance with implementation plans formulated by role-players and stakeholders.
- Collate and present management proposals at the bargaining forum.
- Provide feedback to all constituencies on bargaining forum progress.
Industrial Action Administration
- Disseminate the strike action plan.
- Provide support and expert guidance to Operations.
- Prepare recommendations regarding the implementation of the “no work no pay” policy.
- Operationalise the policy and guidelines for the management of misconduct [disciplinary enquiries].
- Operationalise the processes and systems relating to the management and administration of misconduct cases including timing, communication and structures.
- Process formal misconduct cases by driving the disciplinary process to appropriate completion.
CCMA and Labour Court Representation
- Ensure the matters are thoroughly prepared for.
- Present the organisation’s case appropriately.
- Ensure that the organisation is aware of and complies with the CCMA/labour court rulings.
Employee Relations Practice Promotion
- Provide specialised industrial relations advice and guidance to management.
- Monitor effectiveness of the operational employee/employer engagements and propose corrective action as necessary.
- Monitor action item outcomes.
- Implement and monitor resourcing policies and processes (recruitment, selection, appointment, placement and exit management).
- Maintain the organisational structure to ensure accuracy and alignment with strategic objectives and operational requirements.
- Make ad hoc adjustments to the organisational structure to meet operational changes.
- Maintain the records associated with structural amendments.
- Reconcile the organisational structure against actual staffing on a quarterly basis.
- Determine and maintain a library of staffing drivers, norms and standards across the EWSETA to inform job numbers and relationships.
- Maintain the library of job profiles for the EWSETA.
- Interview incumbents and documents roles scheduled for development ensuring it is consistently in line with role profile principles.
- Screen each role profile received and makes necessary editions ensuring it is in line with the highest standards.
- Strive to achieve standardisation across roles and organisational structures.
- Formulate the annual climate survey.
- Implement organisational diagnostic processes in the areas of:
- employee satisfaction
- organisational communication effectiveness
- internal customer satisfaction
- leadership effectiveness
- culture/strategy alignment
- climate and morale
- diversity tolerance.
- Ensure surveys are delivered across target groups effectively.
- Analyse survey results and work with external and internal partners and clients to develop appropriate interventions to address identified gaps.
Workforce Planning and Market Analysis
- Recognise and interpret developments and trends in the EWSETA’s external and internal organisational environment specifically demographics and labour market environments.
- Identify, analyse and forecast the EWSETA’s changing needs for human resources.
- Identify future skills sourcing pools (labour market, academic institutions) and develop strategies to attract human resources from these pools.
- Formulate the workforce resourcing strategy and plan and ensure its implementation against defined milestones and targets.
- Determine and advise management on the most appropriate deployment options taking cognisance of positions and funding availability (permanent, contract, outsourced, job splitting).
- Give updates to the HR team on “people trends” in the market.
- Consult with the EWSETA on people requirements – to facilitate, advise and get operationally involved where appropriate.
- Implement defined recruitment strategies.
- Ensure the job specifications for the roles clearly articulate the requirements, and set out the expectations from a successful candidate.
- Understand the relevant department’s services in order to “market” the roles and attract the right talent.
- Provide professional support and advice on recruitment to line and corporate managers, and advise managers on best practice recruitment and selection.
- Select the most appropriate sourcing models and tools.
- Coordinate the recruitment process and any vendors used (e.g. media, recruitment agencies), including:
- confirmed job profiles and personnel specifications
- the job advertisements
- the channel to be used
- the application form design
- preparation of other recruitment material such as brochures.
- Coordinate the selection process in accordance with organisational policy and the job specification, including:
- screening application forms
- shortlisting applicants
- the interviews
- psychometric tests and personality questionnaires and various group activities
- reference checking.
- Coordinate the appointment process, including facilitating the signing of the employment contract.
- Provide training in interviewing techniques to management.
- Ensure compliance across the EWSETA relating to mandatory and accurate employee information that must be maintained.
- Administer probationary reviews, employee evaluations and terminations.
- Analyse the skills and qualities required for each particular job and develop and job profiles.
Termination and Exit Management
- Manage the exit interviews for staff.
- Consolidate exit data across all bands.
- Report on terminations and exit interview outputs.
Professional and Technical Expertise
- Provide resourcing expertise in cross-functional department meetings and with colleagues and external stakeholders to enable relevant decision-making.
- Participate in external forums to acquire more technical expertise, benchmark, and build understanding of market trends, new methodologies and leading edge technology.
Employment Equity Facilitation
- Be responsible for the annual reporting process and systems compliance to enable information retrieval in accordance with legislative requirements.
- Consult and compile the annual and 5-year employment equity plan.
- Input into and implement organisation transformation programmes where gaps are identified through the consultation process.
- Review relevant organisational policies in conjunction with the employment equity committee(s) to ensure compliance.
- Ensure the annual submission of EEA2 and EEA4.
Effective Teamwork and Self-Management
- Take ownership and accountability for tasks and activities and demonstrate effective self-management in terms of planning and prioritising, and self-development.
- Follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards of work are consistently and accurately maintained.
- Inform relevant parties in the event of tasks or deadlines not met, the potential risks thereof and provide appropriate resolution.
- Manage colleagues’ expectations and communicate appropriately.
- Demonstrate willingness to help others and “go the extra mile” to meet team targets and objectives.
- Legislative and regulatory environment informing talent management and development
- EWSETA’s IT systems associated with human resource management and administration
- Organisational HR policies and procedures
- HR systems and formats
- Organisational processes
- Human resource and employment equity legislation and statutory requirements
- Performance management and development methodologies
- Change management methodologies
- Tools and techniques for grasping new concepts, acquiring new ways of seeing things and revising ways of thinking and patterns of behavior
- Skills development legislation
- Course design and development
- Adult education/learning styles
- Training tools and learning aids
- Principles around assessment and moderation
- Labour legislation and practices
- Employment legislation
- HR and ER practices, principles and methodologies
- Health and safety legislation
- Verbal and written communication
- Analytical thinking
- Logical thinking
- Decision making
- Public speaking
- Computer literacy
- Report writing
- Interpersonal skills
- Presentation skills
- Relationship building
- Conflict management
- Initiative and assertive
- Tolerant of stress and pressure
- Deadline driven
- People orientated
- Able to interact at all levels of the organisation
- Results/Goal oriented
- Team player
- Tactful and able to deal with difficult situations
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Bachelor degree or national diploma in Human Resource Management or Organisational Behaviour
- Certificate in Labour Relations or Labour Law (preferred)
- 3 to 5 years relevant experience within HR function
- Two years of experience in the field of training including course design, development and adult education/learning styles
Package & Remuneration
Salary: Market Related