Desired Experience & Qualification
• Chartered Accountant.
• A minimum 3 years’ experience in asset management environment.
• Familiarity and understanding of fund management environments.
• Knowledge of FICA, FATCA, CRS, Regulatory Reporting.
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Previous CFO experience not essential
The successful candidate will be required to:
• Compile Financial statements by complying with IFRS and relevant regulatory frameworks.
• Compile monthly management accounts.
• Laisse with auditors.
• Comply with relevant legislation by reviewing and submitting statutory returns timeously.
• Share knowledge and industry trends with team and stakeholders during formal and informal interaction.
• Resolve enquiries relating to funds, portfolios, prices etc.
• Check calculations of management fees.
• Arrange for settlement of new investments and distributions as well as payment of fees and rebates when required.
• Ensure all financial and management reporting requirements are met which includes but will not be limited to: o Comprehensive fund administration support from onboarding to required reporting (Checking daily NAV calculations and monthly Reporting).
o Onboarding of clients according to regulatory and compliance requirements.
o Setting up of funds including documentation administration and bank account information.
o Providing accurate and timely investor and regulatory reporting when required (monthly and quarterly).
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy within expected timelines.
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
• Proactively seek and embrace formal and informal training opportunities for personal and professional development
• It is inherent to the role that the incumbent is honest in dealing with any financial transactions. As such, it is a pre-requisite for candidates to undergo consumer credit record checks to enable the Employer to ascertain whether the candidate’s credit record is acceptable.
Location: Cape Town (Waterfront) or Joburg (Sandton).
Please note: Only candidates being considered will be contacted