The primary role of the Engineering Lead is to ensure engineering integrity of Plant and equipment through effective work planning and control of planned, corrective and breakdown maintenance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Verifies that the maintenance team is carrying out routine and planned and breakdown maintenance, and validates quality of work.
- Ensures that maintenance conducted is compliant to the plans that need to be done.
- Work order management and control
- Verifies that the maintenance systems are working properly and that data integrity and information accuracy is maintained.
- Lead the team in the provision of asset management and engineering support to the shift based production teams.
- Reviews plant reliability to ensure equipment is operating optimally and to identify problems or opportunities timeously.
- Takes part in maintenance problem solving, and ensure that PM team is applying the correct problem solving techniques.
- Define and ensure adequate strategic spares stock levels.
- Develop and manage subordinates to ensure that the strategic and succession goals of the department are met.
- Ensure the effective utilization of skills, spares and equipment as per strategic intent.
- Monitor staff performance and take corrective action as and when necessary.
- Implement procedures critical to the safeguarding of equipment including lock out and tag out procedure thus ensuring that a safe environment is provided for all COMPANY employees engaged in the operation of machinery.
- Ensures that continuous improvement activities are conducted.
- Maintain and improve communication, develop good IR and ensure that H & S and housekeeping requirements are met.
- Coach and develop employees in line with the skills development.
- Conducting annual appraisals with the team
- Take part in pre-maintenance and post mortems meetings.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Engineering Degree/ Diploma
- Good knowledge of plant and machinery in general
- At least 5 years’ experience in planned maintenance.
- Knowledge of planned maintenance principles, practices and techniques.
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity
Package & Remuneration
Market related – Benfits include Pension/Provident, Medical Aid and guaranteed13th cheque