Capitec Bank Ltd
Data Steward (Pipeline)
Stellenbosch, Western Cape, ZA
Capitec Bank Ltd
Purpose of the role:
- The Data Steward will provide expert advice and guidance on data, both externally and internally, and will be proactive in improving its management and maximising its potential.
- Provide effective control, stewardship, and management of Capitec Bank data assets. Provide assistance to business users with high quality data and metadata that is fit for purpose and easily accessible. This improves the value and quality of information, decreasing the costs associated with non-quality information.
- Defining, measuring and monitoring quality and coverage, to ensure the data and metadata meets agreed standards, and conforms to policy/data guidelines throughout the data journey of collection, storage, and sharing.
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Information Management, Computer Science, Business, Engineering, Mathematics, Auditing, or a related field
- 5 years’ proven years’ experience in Data Governance, Metadata Management, data cataloguing and data lineage.
- Exposure to Data Governance or Data Management tools (such as Informatica, Collibra, Data360, etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of data governance challenges and best practices for metadata, data quality, and data stewardship.
- Experience developing business process flows, data standards and definitions
- Experience handling sensitive data (PCI and PII).
- Conducting, assessing or governing data classification, records management or data disposal processes
- Industry leading data governance and management practices
- Data visualisation of Data Governance and management KPIs
- Agile development life cycle
- Exposure to query/database language
- Expert experience in liaising with key stakeholders to improve process efficiencies and improve overall satisfaction of internal customers.
- Demonstrated skill in managing business priorities while driving process improvements and data quality enhancements
Capitec is committed to diversity and, where feasible, all appointments will support the achievement of our employment equity goals
For further information regarding this job posting, please contact the Capitec Recruitment Consultant: