Nurturing Futures (Pty) Ltd
My client, a leading software development gaming company based in Menlyn Pretoria is looking for a Business Unit Compliance Officer to join their branch.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Co-ordinate, conduct and/or participate in BU Audits.
- Conduct and follow up on Internal Audits where required.
- Ensure audit findings are addressed in time.
- Ensure availability of up to date documentation required for audits
- Ensure BU audit findings that affect multiple BUs are escalated to the Head of Compliance.
- Ensure participation in scheduled audits.
- Manage escalations /queries.
- Prepare for audits with BUs resources.
- Ensure BU compliance requirements are understood, implemented and improved.
- Assisting to define scope of audit/tests for BU as required (if applicable).
- Complete or engage BU Resources to complete requirements analysis and/or delivery.
- Define, implement and improve BU specific frameworks, policies/controls, processes and standards required for compliance/opted for best practices based on shared frameworks, policies/controls, processes and standards.
- Ensure a central and up to date repository for Compliance documentation.
- Ensure compliance of requirements post implementation.
- Ensure compliance requirements (packs) are assigned/analysed.
- Ensure reports are up to date and added to central repository. (if applicable)
- Ensure handover of requirements for implementation.
- Ensure the compliance roadmap is communicated.
- Ensure training and communications on all required components of compliance.
- Facilitate business improvements based on audits, risk reviews, opted for best practices and compliance metrics.
- Implement shared Compliance frameworks, policies/controls, processes and standards.
- Implement tools to improve and facilitate compliance processes specific to the BU.
- Provide expertise.
- Recommend adequate capacity, skills and knowledge (expertise) in BU to meet compliance requirements.
- Identify, address and communicate BU Compliance risks and metrics.
- Escalate Compliance risks to relevant Shared Services Compliance Officers and BU Executive.
- Identify and provide BU Compliance metrics and corrective actions.
- Identify, evaluate, mitigate, monitor and report on Compliance related risks.
- Track and report on corrective/preventive actions.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Degree – BCom / BSc
- Internal Audit Certification
- 5+ Years experience in Software Development or Operations environment
- 3+ Years’ Compliance or Compliance Related roles
- Risk Management
- Legislative / Standards Requirements Analysis and implementation
- Business Analysis
- 1 – 3 Years Internal Audit Experience