|Planner – hi
Parow, Cape Town
At hi we see a world where everyone is connected through technology. Our passion for the connected life is what drives us to excellence. If you feel the way we feel and have experience in merchandise planning, then we have an opportunity for you as a Planner.
Planners are responsible for the planning and control of the product range. They are key players in the purchasing environment of a retail company. This is a high profile activity which involves financial seasonal planning of sales, stock levels, production requirements and the control of the purchase relative to planned levels.
Requirements & Competencies:
- A business or retail-related degree
- Proven merchandise planning experience (2 – 3 years)
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills at all levels
- Sound business acumen and merchant thinking
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills
- A high degree of numeracy and analytical thinking with a detailed and strategic approach to work
- Proven decision-making ability
- Problem solving ability
- Ability to plan and organize
- Strong affiliation to systems, utilising them to increase productivity in line with the merchandise strategy
- Understanding of the mobile network industry will be advantageous
Successful candidates must be:
- Able to influence and implement the hi’s merchandise strategy
- Accountable for financial and strategic management of various products and locations
- Able manage the range assortments and replenishment to stores
- Able to manage and implement the distribution strategy
- Able to communicate with stores and field
Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act.