Foschini has an exciting opportunity available for a Merchandise Planner for their Cosmetics Department. If you would like to join a leading retailer in South Africa with growth and you possess the following abilities, then this is the ideal position for you.
Key activities include:
- Financial and strategic management of product e.g. product planning, reviewing weekly & monthly figures
- Understand business trends (stores) and target market.
- Product planning, management of the range assortments, replenishment, Forecasting and promotion planning
- Stock management and the ability to manage stock turns, Forward cover and ROI.
- Brand/Products mix and profitability analysed
- Influencing and implementing the relevant brand’s merchandise strategy
- Allocations by product by brand by store
- Removal of brands due to space vs. turnover monitored
- Ensure SLA’s are confirmed with internal and key suppliers
- Capitalize on brand and sku sales opportunities
- Implementing and managing markdowns
- Managing forecasts by brand by product by month
- Management and implementation of distribution strategy e.g. analysing stores and products by store profiling & sales
- Compiling and analysing reports on replenishment and promotions
- Developing promotional & range distribution by store & cluster
- Communication with stores and field
- A high degree of numeracy and an analytical, detailed and strategic approach to work
- Ability to accurately analyse large amounts of data- Excel Savvy
- Strong business acumen and merchant thinking
- Strong affiliation to systems, utilising them to increase productivity in line with the merchandise strategy
- Proven working experience as a Merchandise Planner in Cosmetics (5 years +) advantageous
- Computer literacy in word, advance excel and planning systems
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Proven decision-making ability
Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act.