As part of its next phase of expansion the Premium Lifestyle Brand Fabiani are looking for highly skilled & motivated buyers in the following categories.
- Footwear & Accessories
- Knits & Knitwear
- Denim & Bottoms
- Tailoring, Jackets & Shirts
Are you a dynamic, agile, innovative and creative individual who loves & appreciates the finer things in life? Do you have experience in or have been looking forward to dealing with only the best suppliers from Europe, Turkey, Mauritius and the East?
Do you have experience in buying or a related field and have strong business acumen? If you have a love for all things fashion then being part of the dynamic Fabiani team is the ideal job for you…
Responsibilities will include:
- Successfully source and procure a balanced range of merchandise in line with company strategy and customer profile.
- Work closely with the planner, through analysis of previous sales patterns, market trends, forward trend direction and brand initiatives.
- Formulate departmental strategies to maximize sales and then timeously source and secure stock to implement strategies.
- Negotiate effectively to deliver value and profitability.
- Build and maintain good relationships with employees, supplier partners and key functions in the business.
- Knowledge transfer through coaching and mentoring junior team members.
- Conduct buying trips independently and aligned with forward trend direction and sound category and customer understanding.
- Holistic and Strategic thinker, as well as consider specifics and detail.
- Assess complex situations and implement workable solutions.
- Communicate effectively at all levels.
- Team player and be able to foster collaboration across buying, planning, marketing and sourcing functions.
- Experience as a Buyer 2+ years essential for the position
- A Fashion/ B.Com (3 year diploma/ degree)
- A proven track record in buying
- Contribute to growth / profit through innovative ideas
- A passion for & knowledge of trends
- A passion for fashion and the retail industry
- A good working knowledge of the current computer software packages (knowledge of Excel, Word & E-mail would be preferable).
Competencies and behaviours for success:
- An entrepreneurial, merchant-style of thinking
- Excellent planning, organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical skills and high attention to detail
- Uncompromising negotiation skills
Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act.