Coordinate services for Facilities
– Maintain current job lists for all active services and associated service providers.
– Receive and register requests for service/ assistance and provide monthly reconciliations of the status of all requests.
– Maintain register of service providers, inspect buildings and common areas for minor maintenance and repair, report faults to the property manager (building manager) and follow up on timely resolution.
– Monitor cleaning activities and liaise with cleaning staff regarding any issues identified with the provision of an effective service.
– Make recommendations on the procurement of service providers for repairs, which are cost effective and efficient.
– Arrange the logistical requirements of office moves with the relevant stakeholders, according to the agreed plan.
– Project Manage all office renovations and ensure that all these are done in compliance with building standards.
– Maintain internal back-up systems such as UPS
– Recommend any building improvements that need to be done to the Property Manager
– Manage all EPPF lease agreements and ensure that rentals are paid on time.
– Maintain the furniture/ equipment and motor vehicles belonging to the Fund with responsibility to ensure that required repairs and services are performed.
– Dispose of the furniture/ equipment and motor vehicles in terms of the Funds asset disposal policy notifying the finance department of the disposal of or removal of services of such assets.
– Help the IT department dispose of computer equipment if required
Provide administrative support
– Respond efficiently and timeously to all correspondence related to the functioning of the section.
– Reconcile invoices and process for payment; monthly
– Deal with all documents relating to Facilities and maintain an accurate, accessible filing system of documentation.
Coordinate facilities safety requirements and contribute to ongoing health and safety reporting
– Ensure compliance to the necessary OHS services for the Fund’s staff and facilities, including first aid kit; order replacements where required, ensure that safety equipment is maintained and in working order.
– Check that all common areas are free from dangerous or hazardous materials, conduct physical inspection of business premises to ensure that all hazardous or flammable materials are properly stored and or disposed of.
– Monitor that dangerous materials are correctly stored in locked facility.
– Work with the Human Capital team to conduct OHS awareness programs, based on facilitation manual provided, as required.
– Participate in safety meetings, contributing knowledge and experience to inform sound decisions that promote safety within the organisation.
– Contribute to ongoing reporting of health and safety risks by the Human Capital team, escalating unresolved issues to the Governance and Assurance Executive if and where required
– Provide administrative support by accurately completing safety documentation, as required, and submitting by due dates.
– Liaise with emergency services, regarding safety related issues, as required.
Coordinate Security requirements
– Maintain a quarterly service register for services such as back-up generators, alarm and security testing- conduct physical tests quarterly and resolve all faults
– Monitor the security of EPPF occupied buildings by checking the functionality of alarm systems and arranging the necessary maintenance of the systems, when required.
– Arrange and allocate physical parking on site, when requested by internal stakeholders in accordance with policy.
– Monitor that parking is reserved, as allocated and deal with transgressors appropriately.
– Make sure that the correct signage is visible and clear and erected as per legislative prescript within the Fund’s Facilities.
– Arrange security tags and parking bays for all new hires and collect tags from all exiting/ resigning employees in accordance with procedure.
– Check that Security Officers perform their duties in compliance with relevant policies and legislation.
– Control safekeeping of keys in accordance with standard procedures.
– Initiate corrective disciplinary steps in case of non-compliance to security policies and procedures.
– Make suggestions for improvement to current security policies and procedures
Supervise Service Providers and Contractors on site and stakeholder engagement
– Keep updated records of all contracts and SLA service providers applicable to Facilities.
– Maintain a schedule plan of services that need to be rendered.
– Control the booking, timing and arrangements of services.
– Coordinate the servicing / maintenance of vehicles
– Manage the relationship between third parties and the Fund
– Oversee the activities and scheduling of work for the Facilities Administrator and Messenger/ Driver, ensuring sufficient resources are in place to meet service delivery demands, appraising their performance and coaching them to enhance their contribution
– Support the professional development of the team to continuously develop skills and expertise and support career development aspirations.
– Implement and maintain an effective system of internal controls and delegations of authority for the department, to ensure that managers and staff are accountable for decisions made and work performed.