DSV – Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world’s 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers’ entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com
Location: [[Port Elizabeth]]
Job Posting Title: [[Sales Representative]]
Time Type: [[Full Time]]
Main Purpose of the Role
The main purpose of the role is to gain new business in the market as well as maintain new business secured whilst increasing the logistics spend of each customer gained.
Also obtain new business through prospecting, business value propositions, client interface, estimates and proposals to achieve specified sales targets.
- A Minimum of 2 years’ general work related experience and/or Sales experience in any of the following Industries: Freight Forwarding, Shipping line, Distribution & Logistics, Courier
- Own reliable car, valid drivers license
Matric is an essential minimum requirement
A tertiary qualification in any the following related courses would be an advantage
- Sales & Marketing
- Supply Chain Management
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite
- Cargowise 1 experience would be an advantage
- Proven sales track record
- Well presented, professional individual with excellent written and verbal language skills.
- Ability to read and interpret financial information, including budgets, financial statements and P&L data.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Opportunity analysis and qualification
- Consultative selling
- Building and presenting proposals.
- Contract negotiations & preparing estimates under supervision. Profit maximization
- Facilitating processing of credit applications
- Manage, compile and submit SOP’s, SLA’s & Tender processes
- Operational implementation of new business signed.
- Stakeholder account and relationship management
- Submitting detailed reports.
- Handling & resolving operational & financial queries on accounts
- Daily CRM system updates
- Implement strategy for meeting sales performance targets
Disclaimer: Due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should an external candidate not hear from us within four (4) weeks following their application, they should consider their application unsuccessful. Strictly fair and non-discriminatory selection procedures will be followed. We use Affirmative Action (AA) measures in an endeavor to redress the disadvantages in employment experienced by designated groups. Where possible, preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act and in line with DSV’s Employment Equity plans. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.