Location: GT, South Africa
Company: Distell Limited
Applications are invited for the above mentioned position to be based in Production, Wadeville Supply Chain. This person will report to the Packaging Engineer.
Key Performance Areas would include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure routine, preventive and corrective maintenance of machinery and equipment on the packaging lines and related equipment.
- Improving machine efficiency and overall equipment efficiency of packaging equipment
- Input into departmental and lines’ maintenance budgets
- Ensure spares usage and associated costs are optimised
- Managing people
- Performance management of staff
- Health and Safety Supervision
- Managing shuts and smaller packaging line-related projects
- Drive E2 (World class) practises- 5S, VM. TW, FI, with particular emphasis on Asset Care (AC)
- Ensuring job cards are effectively completed, updated (if required), controlled and administered in conjunction with the Planning office
- Adherence to Service Level Agreements established with Packaging
The successful candidate must have the following experience/skills:
- Knowledge of packaging/ bottling equipment
- Have proven verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of safety regulations regarding tools.
- Knowledge in FMCG environment will be an advantage
- Knowledge of all workshop/engineering tools, machines, apparatus and materials.
- Computer literate, SAP, MS Word & MS Excel
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Recognised N6 Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering Certificate and a trade test certificate.
- Knowledge of bottling equipment, workshop and engineering practises, tools and apparatus.
- Minimum of 5 years practical experience.
If interested and meet all requirements, please register and apply via the Distell career portal by logging onto www.distell.co.za/careers
Reference Number: 17745 Closing Date: 31 March 2021