Location: GT, South Africa
Company: Distell Limited
Purpose of the Position:
To maintain all equipment to optimize availability of equipment and give assistance with the co-ordination of line activities to meet the production plan.
Key Performance Areas would include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining machinery and equipment on the site per required standard.
- Adherence to Planned and Preventative maintenance schedules
- Improving OEE (overall equipment efficiency) on all production lines.
- Reduce unplanned downtime
- Health and Safety supervision of machinery, equipment and working environment
- Compliance to OHS Act.
- Provide an effective Engineering service to the Production department
- Perform administrative tasks (job cards, quality check sheets, etc.)
- Perform stand-in duties
- Participate in Mini business activities and practices.
The successful candidate must have the following experience/skills:
- N3-N6 equivalent with Trade Certificate – Fitter and / or Turner, Mechanical Engineering
- Grade 12 or Mechanical/Electrical NTC3 qualification.
- Full N3 trade theory completed
- Experience in a high speed, high-tech bottling operation will be advantageous
- Completed apprenticeship with recognized Institution i.e. was registered as an apprentice
- More than 2-3 years relevant practical experience
- Ability to work under pressure and display good attention to detail
- Proven ability in problem solving and knowledge of the various problem solving methods
- Must be self-motivated, innovative and able to work without or limited supervision
- To reflect good leadership behaviour – towards colleagues, superior and company values
- Must be willing and able to work shifts and overtime when required.
If you are interested and meet all requirements, kindly log onto Distell’s Careers Page: https://www.distell.co.za/careers/ in order to register and apply on-line.
Reference number: 18721 Closing Date: 28 October 2021